Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The dreaded cold is here. Frozen flowers, snow, and sweaters. And for the next 9 months, I will be anticipating and longing for summer heat.
We decided to paint an accent wall in our kitchen a burnt orange color. As we started painting, Ryan talked me into painting the entire kitchen this color. I am still deciding if I like it...maybe once we hang pictures it won't look like a giant ripe pumpkin. At least we are festive right?
I also finally got a much needed haircut. The last one that I had was one week before Addison was born, in an attempt to make myself feel cute instead of round and uncomfortable. Seven months later, my hair was looking more than a little bit rough. I didn't take a "before" picture, but here is the after:To all of you Canadian readers, Happy Thanksgiving! We are headed up to the "Great White North" this Friday! My stomach is excited to be having two Thanksgivings this year. My hip/rear area isn't as excited.


D Monica

8 comments:

Heather said...

cute. I like the orange and your hair! And your clock too.

Katelyn said...

Monica, I'm so excited to find your blog. I've so loved reading your posts. What a cute family you have. You are such a cute mom and I do love your new house and the orange paint.

Katelyn said...

p.s. in case you were wondering it's Katelyn Bevans Skoien-didn't want to creep you out :)

mike prince said...

Hey, love the bright kitchen!!! Cute and it does look good with your table...also love the haircut...The fact that you are coming home in a couple days...love you, Ry...and of course my little Addie!!!!

This is mom not dad, just him computer

Jayelle said...

I love both the kitchen and your hair! :) We have a wall that is that color and I could probably go for a few more of the same color! It is definitely one of my favorites. I love fall colors. You guys did a great job. Painting is a big job, but so worth it when it's done!

DJ said...

I love the paint color in you kitchen---we just painted our kitchen a burnt orange color & even without cabinets etc it looks awesome. I'm all over orange though---love the color.
Your hair looks hot too! YOU look great! Such a cute mom :-)
I love fall---too bad it doesn't last long enough. We may have skipped it here & hit winter up early instead ---grrr!
Have fun & give that little sweetheart a hug for me.

Jarom said...

aw! you look so cute, I'm sorry we havent come to see your new house which I'm sure looks amazing cuz you have great style! We miss you guys!

Ry and Monica said...

thankyou! the color is starting to grow on me. katelyn and erica...i love your blogs and I am so sad because it won't let me comment on them! hopefully i will figure it out soon. :)