Thursday, April 29, 2010

I miss date nights!

I need a babysitter here in Chubbuck.

Ryan and I need a good date night. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that since we have had Addison, I can count the number of real dates that we have gone on with one hand (and with fingers to spare). Don't get me wrong, we do the "at home" date thing...rented movies, nice dinner, game nights...but lately I'm feeling like I just need a night where we can have time with just the two of us--out of the house.

Don't get me wrong, I love my baby girl...and there is nowhere in the world that I would rather be than with her at home, but sometimes I feel like I just need to forget about everything for a couple of hours, and just focus on my husband.

I thought this was funny, a little extreme (I promise I still shower and shave!), but I can definitely relate.

What age of babysitter is best for a one year old? I've heard that I should find someone that is around 13 because they pay more attention to babies, and aren't worried about texting/TV/etc.. but I'm worried to leave Addison with someone so young! And I have no idea how much babysitters are even being paid these days...any suggestions?

7 comments:

Heather said...

You go have a date night!!!! And don't worry. I know it is hard. But Addison will have a great time with someone else because they are new and different. I left all 3 of my kids with an 11 year old a few months ago, but she is really mature and they had a great time. I have also gotten 15 year olds and up and 12 year olds. Just depends on the kid. Here we pay $5 for the first kid and a dollar for each extra kid. Probably less in Idaho. Good luck! You can do it.=)

Kaylee and Phil said...

I totally know how you feel! If we were closer I would say to swap kids once in a while so each of us could go on date nights (without having to fork out money for a babysitter). Hopefully you find someone... Maybe if we move down to that area this fall I will watch her for ya.

L Heath said...

Hey Monica ~ I know a really great babysitter for Addie ~ one that would be more than willing to do it at a price you could afford "free" ~only one catch ~ she lives in Lethbridge ~ it's "me" Grandma ~ seriously I wish we were closer so I could both help you out and have fun with Addie!! Luv Ya!!

Requel said...

It's hard to go out very often. You have to pay to go out and pay a babysitter. In Bella's 2 years we've only paid for a babysitter one time and Bella was asleep, we went to a late movie. We were gone 2 hours and I gave her 5 bucks, she told me she gets 2 dollars an hour, pretty cheap but still sucks! We are lucky enough to just have Eric's parents watch Bella. They live a half hour away but will come down or we'll drop her off and have a date by their house. Maybe you could do that with Ryan's parents. Then you don't have to worry who is watching her either. Good luck!

Taryn said...

If you guys go on a date in Rexburg I'll babysit for free, seriously!! lol, that video was hilarious. hit a little close to home though, haha.

Ashley said...

I loved the video!! It's funny because our anniversary is coming up in May and so I've been thinking about babysitters and how much to pay them too! From what I gather $5/hour is pretty reasonable!

mike prince said...

We are always available to watch our little sweetheart, just gotta live a bit closer so we can do it more often!!!! Ask around in your new ward and see if there is a girl around 13. I agree that 13 is the perfect age!

ps this is mom not dad