Thursday, November 3, 2011

Life with Two...

Before I had Gracelyn I was really worried about whether or not I would be able to handle two kids. It took a few days to get the hang of it, but I finally feel like I can take care of my girls and still have the time to get everything done that I need to. This is probably partially due to the fact that Gracelyn is starting to get on a better schedule. Right now she is eating every three hours, and takes two long naps during the day. I have also learned to keep Addison awake until Gracie falls asleep, and then I put her down for a nap so that I get a bit of time by myself.

Addison still can't get enough of her baby sister. Every morning she is the first thing she asks about. She has been a good helper with getting diapers/wipes, giving her a pacifier when she is crying, and singing songs when she is sad. She has tried to pick her up a couple of times, and climbed into her crib when she was crying once also...so I have to keep an eye on her.

Addison will usually share most of her toys, but she will NOT share her three lovey's with anyone...her baby, her teddy, and her "keekee" (blankie). Except Gracelyn. She loves her THAT much. So sweet :)


Ryan still hasn't been on his own with the two girls. I was going to leave both of them with him last night while I went to Young Women's, but Addison was crying, Gracelyn was crying, the kitchen was a mess, and I could tell that as soon as I left it would be chaos. Lucky for him I took the baby with me. :) I came home to a spotless kitchen and vacuumed carpet so it was worth it!

No comments: