Saturday, October 23, 2010

SPOOKY!

I am not a huge Halloween fan. I think that masks are creepy, kids get greedy, and the holiday feels "dark" overall. However, because I remember how much I used to love picking out my costume, trick-or-treating, and because I want my family to enjoy tradition, I am sucking it up!

We carved a couple of mean pumpkins today!

It took some serious convincing to get Addison to touch the "pumpkin guts". She kept saying "NONO! EW!" Finally, after watching us dig in for a couple of minutes, she decided to give it a go. 
Why did I even bother with the newspaper?

 This handful ended up in her mouth, and squished into her hair!

The finished product!

 Can  you tell that Addison was struggling to get her hands on those pumpkins?

Her face in this one is priceless. Exactly my feelings about Halloween!

Addie also learned a new word today in honor of Halloween: "SOOKY!" Which translates into Spooky :) I love her little baby voice.

No comments: