Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What Matters.

Just a few minutes ago, I had walked upstairs for something for a moment leaving Addison downstairs watching a movie.


After being upstairs for only a minute, I heard her yelling "MAMA MAMA HURRY LOOK!" "MAMA COME-A-SEE!" We have been potty training her for the past few months, and I was afraid that she'd had an accident, so I rushed downstairs to see what she was yelling about. I found her sitting by the couch with the July Ensign open.


She was so excited to show me what she had found..."Mama look, it's Jesus!" She had found a small picture on one of the corners of the pages of our Savior.


It reminded me of one of the Mormon Messages that I recently watched: Moments That Matter.


"Diligently doing the things that matter most, will lead us to the Savior of the world." This last quote really hits home for me.
Ryan and I had our temple recommends renewed last Sunday. After my interview with our Stake President, he said something that I really want to remember. He said, "It will probably be difficult for you to always go to the temple as much as you would like to. With two children, it may be challenging at times. I am going to give you a different type of temple assignment. Every night, when you put your daughters to bed, I want you to kiss their sweet faces, tell them you love them, and then tell them that you are so glad that they are sealed to you forever. Remind them every night that your family is a forever one. There are some types of temple work that can be done outside of the temple, and this is one thing that you can do."

This is one of the small things that I want to remember to do every day to bring my family closer to the Savior.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

that is the best advice ever!!! I'm going to remember that too. Thanks for sharing and improving all our lives.

Rachel B said...

that is awesome! i love all your tips, you are a great example!!