Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pre-K at Home

I thought a lot about whether to put Addison into preschool this fall..a lot of people out their kids into school when they are 3 and 4 years old, but decided that I am going to hold off for this year. I feel like Addison is definitely on track as far as her learning is concerned, and she socially has the chance to be around other children all of the time. I have decided that instead of sending her off to school a couple of times a week, that we are going to do "Mommy School" at home instead. Today we learned about the letter 'a'. We had apples and animal crackers to snack on, colored a picture of an alligator, practiced tracing uppercase and lowercase 'a's, circled 'a's and made paper airplanes for the craft. She really enjoyed learning, and told me after that she thinks I am "A nice little mommy." Haha so I guess it was a success! I founds all of my resources on pinterest...it is amazing just how many helps are on the Internet!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

How fun! I never paid for preschool because I liked having the fun teaching my kids. Some great pre- k sites I love are Starfall.com, Learningpage.com & Peep & Quack. The district has a page called KISS (Kindergarten Instructional Support System) full of great online links that correspond with what they teach step by step the first year. I wish I had it with my first child!