Thursday, May 27, 2010

How is this for depressing:

It's my birthday tomorrow. Usually I am excited about getting older. It seems like every birthday leads up to the next milestone:

5 yrs old- start kindergarten
8 yrs old- baptism
12 yrs old- Graduate into Young Womens
14 yrs old- Dances
16 yrs old- dating
18 yrs old- Graduate from High School
21 yrs old- an "official" adult

After today I will be 22. I will be out of all of the fun milestones and into the "half a century old" and "old enough to be called middle aged" ones. Maybe I'm being a bit over-dramatic, but I think the days of my being excited about getting older are over. Sad day.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Oh no! You are only as old as you feel. Alot of the time, I still feel like I'm 22.=) Enjoy your youth coming from an old "going to be 30 this year" woman!! PS. You get to stay up late now that you are a grown up. Isn't it exciting?!

DJ said...

Not True! There's great things about every birthday! You get to celebrate YOU! And YOU are awesome Monica!
Have a Happy Birthday and an Amazing Year!!
You are SO young! Believe me, I still feel young at 29 although I have to say I have been dreading this years milestone birthday...I'll get over it once I hit it but seriously I still feel 22. That was one of my favorite years!

Lydia said...

C'on, Monica!!! You are totally being overdramatic. You are in your best of this stage. You are beautiful and have an amazing family and I know more great things and adventures are ahead of you so enjoy the ride!!!

Lindsay said...

HA ha! I feel the same way. Im not going to stop count at 25.

mike prince said...

I have loved all 22 years of being your mom. I can't imagine what the past 22 years without you would have been like! It is so much fun for me to see you getting older and going through new things like marriage,pregnancy, and motherhood...I love the woman that you have become! It is true you have already hit many of the "milestone" birthdays that you have talked about, but each year you experience is still a huge celebration....plus you will find that you will kind of experience them all over again as each of your children reach those ages. Those are more milestones and you have many more to come!

Mom

Requel said...

Oh girl I'm going to be 28 in a few weeks! Now that is sad. I'm in my late 20's. Oh well they've been good years. I didn't realize you were so young.