Last night we bought Addie some Easy Ups for when we start potty training, and she LOVES them. She was so excited to wear her "Doda's " (She is obsessed with Dora right now).
I have been researching online about how to tell if your child is ready to be potty trained, and I found this checklist on BabyCenter.com...
I have put stars by the ones that she can do:
* Is coordinated enough to walk, and even run, steadily.* Urinates a fair amount at one time.
* Has regular, well-formed bowel movements at relatively predictable times.
Has "dry" periods of at least three or four hours, which shows that his bladder muscles are developed enough to hold urine.
* Can sit down quietly in one position for two to five minutes.
Can pull his pants up and down.
Dislikes the feeling of wearing a wet or dirty diaper.
* Shows interest in others' bathroom habits (wants to watch you go to the bathroom or wear underwear).
Gives a physical or verbal sign when he's having a bowel movement such as grunting, squatting, or telling you.
* Demonstrates a desire for independence.
* Takes pride in his accomplishments.
* Isn't resistant to learning to use the toilet.
* Is in a generally cooperative stage, not a negative or contrary one.
* Can follow simple instructions, such as "go get the toy."
* Understands the value of putting things where they belong.
* Has words for urine and stool.
Understands the physical signals that mean he has to go and can tell you before it happens or even hold it until he has time to get to the potty.
How do I know when she is ready to start potty training? Are the things that she isn't doing well yet signs that we need to wait longer? Or do I just need to start now and hope she catches on in time?
When did you start potty training your child? Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated! :)